The North American Rescue HyFin Vent Chest Seal 10-0029 provides 3-vented channels that are designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels are designed to allow blood to escape and also provide a backup fail-safe system, as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent is designed to remain fully operational.
Coupled with advanced hydrogel technology that provides superior adhesion as the HyFin Vent Chest Seal is uniquely designed for extreme environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants. Packaged more compact, rugged, and in easy-to-open foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area, conforming to the patient's chest. NAR packages each chest seal using its signature Red Tip Technology red tear notches to ensure high quality performance. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC and TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest.
- New, more compact packaging
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Advanced adhesive technology for a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- Easy to grip, large red tab for single step, peel and apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Device Dimension (HxW): 6" x 6"
- Weight: 1.37 oz.