LA Police Gear requires proof of active law enforcement employment for all California residents when purchasing batons. Active police, military, and security personnel in California may order batons, but civilians cannot. After you place your order online, it will be placed on a hold until we can verify your identification. You can email a copy (front and back) of your current, valid law enforcement identification or guard card and your baton permit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can also fax a copy of your ID and permit to 661-294-0499. If we do not receive a copy of a valid ID within 1 week, your order will be canceled.
The Monadnock AutoLock 22" Expandable Tactical Baton utilizes a revolutionary cam and ball bearing action. It features exclusive, patented, built-in safety features make it easy to access, open, control and hold on to. It stays locked once it's open until you're ready to collapse it using a single button push. Compact and comfortable to wear, AutoLock Baton is designed to be carried with you at all times. These batons can be used with virtually all standard baton techniques and tactics or training programs.
The SuperGrip handle is a rubber textured fluted grip that is completely new to the police baton industry. It allows officers to maintain a superior grip on their baton whether they are using their bare hands or wearing gloves. Officers have maximum control over their baton during use, thus strikes become more effective. Additonally, the grip increases the officer's baton retention ability, keeping it out of a subject's hands.
- Shaft Locking Mechanism: Cam and Ball Bearing locking action provides the revolutionary mechanism for locking the shafts in place.
- Shaft Unlocking Mechanism: Recessed Push Button in end cap shifts a push rod, which activates cam surfaces allowing the ball bearings to unlock.
- Shaft Material: Hardened, aircraft quality 4130 seamless alloy steel tubing.
- Hardness: Striking surface hardened and then tempered to 48 - 54 Rockwell C Scale to relieve brittleness.
- Tensile Strength: 240,000 - 290,000 PSI (Pounds per Square Inch)
- Diameter: 1.0625 inches (2.70 cm)
- Closed Length: 10 inches (25.40 cm)
- Expanded Length: 22 inches (55.88 cm)
- Weight: 22 ounces (.62 kg)
- Firm Foam Grip: 1.125-inch (2.86 cm) diameter; tear strength minimum 82 pounds (37.19 kg) per linear inch, installed over knurled handle surface to eliminate slippage.
- SuperGrip: 1.032-inch (2.62 cm) diameter; tear strength minimum 108 pounds (48.99 kg) per linear inch, installed over a knurled handle surface to eliminate slippage
- Handle Tubing: 0.875 inch (2.22 cm) outside diameter 0.083 inch (0.21 cm) wall thickness
- Handle Finish: Black Gun, Black Chrome, Bright Nickel
- Middle Shaft Tubing: 0.635 inch (1.61 cm) outside diameter 0.065 inch (0.17 cm) wall thickness
- Middle Shaft Length: 7.10 inches (18.03 cm)
- Middle Shaft Finish: Black Gun, Black Chrome, Bright Nickel
- Small Shaft Tubing: 0.445 inch (1.13 cm) outside diameter 0.092 inch (0.23 cm) wall thickness
- Small Shaft Length: 6.280 inches (15.95 cm)
- Small Shaft Finish: Black Gun, Black Chrome, Bright Nickel
- End Cap Construction: Machined steel end cap with a spring-loaded button coupled to a push rod with cam surfaces. 1.062" (2.70 cm) diameter x 0.625" (1.59 cm) long
- End Cap Coating: Black Chrome Plating
Not all finishes and handles available for this model.