The Columbia River Knife and Tool Tailbone Fixed Blade Knife with a paracord-wrapped handle isn't an ordinary neck knife. The machine chain handle moves for superb ergonomics but remains perfectly rigid when cutting or slicing. It's highly usable and perfectly unexpected. The biomimicry design by T.J. Schwarz was modeled after a fish's spine. Created with a simple stonewashed drop point blade and a handle that blows convention out of the water. The flexible handle moves vertically, conforming to your grip, or to your chest when it's worn as a neck knife without allowing any horizontal play. It's wrapped in paracord for improved grip with a sizeable finger hole and jimping for control. A strong, injection-molded sheath lashes easily to a pack or quickly becomes a neck knife. The Tailbone is everything you expected and everything Mother Nature didn't.
Specs & Features:
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Full Control: Grooves on blade for cutting control
- Useful Utility: Flexible machine chain handle ergonomically rests in your hand while rigid in vertical cutting
- Traditional Wrap: Cord wrapped handle is highly functional and provides grip
- Lightweight Utility: Thermoplastic sheath protects the blade when not in use
- Blade Length: 2.13"
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Blade Thickness: 0.15"
- Overall Length: 6.31"
- Weight: 2.00 oz.
- Handle: Chain links tang - 45Mn Carbon Steel; cord wrapped handle
- Style: Fixed Blade Knife w/Sheath
- Sheath Material: Polypropylene
- Sheath Weight: 1.00 oz.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov