ESTIMATED LEAD TIME: 12-14 WEEKS
**United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. LA Police Gear is also unable to ship any Body Armor, Plates, Shields, etc. to the state of Connecticut or outside of the United States. By purchasing body armor from LA Police Gear, you are certifying that you have not been convicted of any crime that would restrict you from being able to purchase or possess body armor under any Federal or State laws. Furthermore, you are acknowledging that you do not intend to use the body armor for any criminal purpose and that you are over the age of 18 years old.
LA Police Gear reserves the right to refuse to sell body armor to any person.**
Due to the nature of our product, all sales are final. No returns are accepted after the order has been placed. Please contact us prior to placing your order to address any concerns or questions.
The AR500 Armor Level IIIA LW (Steel) 10" x 12" Plate is made with rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with spall and fragmentation protective coating. The ballistic steel plate is a leader in the industry and is formulated and treated specifically for improved consistency, durability, and is then tested to NIJ standards. The ballistic plate core is stress fracture resistant, and our IIIA rated lightweight model features an ultra-thin profile of only .20-in, and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and less than ideal storage conditions. AR500 Armor body armor will outlast alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic, Dyneema, UHMWPE, and raw/uncoated steel trauma plates.
Features and Specs
- 10-in x 12-in body armor will fit in Plate Carriers capable of accepting up to Medium and Large SAPI plates
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III Pistol threat rated for calibers up to .44 Magnum and .357 SIG
- Stab and Slash Resistant
- Reduced blunt force trauma compared to alternative ballistic fabric IIIA soft body armor from respected manufacturers
- Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) - US Patent # 9021621 B1, Dated May 5, 2015
- Military grade FragLock anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Works well with our 10"x12" Trauma Pad
- Maintenance Free
- .20-in Ultra-Thin Profile
- Approximate Weight: 4.8lb's
- 100% Made in the USA
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov