The AR500 Armor Level III + Square Back Plate 10 x 12 is specifically for use with a back plate in your plate carrier capable of accepting 10-in x 12-in body armor. The Level III Back Plate body armor offers the same ballistic protection as our ASC line with the benefit of increased coverage. When back plate is in use it offers additional coverage from the back side of your plate carrier. However your plate carrier must be compatible with a rectangular back plate cut. Please see the carrier compatibility list below. Use of a Back Plate in the front of your plate carrier is not recommended unless you're willing to sacrifice comfort and ergonomics while shouldering your rifle.
Available in: 10-in x 12-in Back Plate Cut.
Carrier Compatibility: XL, Testudo Gen 2, Concealment, Operator II, Emergency Personal Carrier (EPC), and ESCORT
Weight (+/- 10% for PAXCON coating):
10-in x 12-in Size Plate" 8.0lb
Profile: Thin 0.26-in profile (Base Coat), 0.48-in profile (Build-Up)
- Level III rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps
- Independently tested to NIJ 101.06
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26 profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- PAXCON abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Made in the United States of America!
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov