The North American Rescue HyFin Chest Seal 10-0015 is a self-adhesive occlusive dressing designed for the treatment and management of an open chest wound caused by a penetrating trauma. The HyFin Chest Seal utilizes an enhanced adhesive gel formulation designed to create a superior seal even in extreme conditions and prevents situations caused by a penetrating chest wound. to treat and manage an open pneumothorax while preventing the development of a "tension pneumothorax," which is one of the top three leading causes of preventable deaths on the battlefield. The HyFin Chest Seal is specifically designed to overcome adverse conditions in hostile environments where the casualty may be covered in various types of matter such as blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory. A large, easily-visible red elliptical tab facilitating single step peel-and-adhere application is incorporated into the HyFin's design. Made in America and 100% latex free, each chest seal is packaged using its signature Red Tip Technology red tear notches in a rugged, easy-to-open, foil pouch to ensure high quality performance.
- Conforms to the casualty's chest
- Designed to be effective in extreme environments
- New, more compact packaging
- Advanced adhesive technology designed to create a superior seal
- Transparent backing designed to allow placement directly over the wound and easily conform to the casualty's chest
- Red elliptical tab for single step peel-and-adhere application that can also facilitate burping of the wound
- Completely occlusive dressing designed for the treatment and management of an open chest wound caused by a penetrating trauma
- Chest Seal Dimension (HxWxD): 6" x 6" x 0.1"
- Weight: 1.44 oz.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov