MIRA Safety VK-450 CO/CBRN Filter
The MIRA Safety VK-450 CO/CBRN Gas Mask Filter will transform your gas mask into a reliable, fully functioning multiuse smoke hood. Designed to overcome smoke and particulates, along with high concentrations of carbon monoxide, these advanced filters provide hours of protection and clean air from some of the most common disasters faced by U.S. citizens.
- Proven design provides comprehensive protection from a wide range of NBC threats, smoke and particulates.
- Smoke respirator mask filter can be used in environments with as little as 19.5% oxygen.
- Can be used at temperatures ranging from -40°С to +40°С.
- Protection from ammonia, acetonitrile, hydrogen fluoride, hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, hydrogen cyanide, phosgene, chlorine, chloropicrin, nitrogen oxides.
- Each filter is vacuum-sealed and clearly labeled with its expiration date.
- Long-lasting 13.5-year shelf life.
- Manufacturer's warranty ensures filters perform to specifications.
Turn Your Gas Mask into a Respirator for Smoke with the VK-450
Wildfires are a constant threat to the Western United States - where thousands of citizens may be forced to evacuate at a moment's notice through choking clouds of smoke and searing heat. Meanwhile, over 71,000 homes are lost in structure fires every year, according to studies from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Yet, few own escape respirators or fire protection hoods.
That means that fire poses an immediate threat to millions of unprepared American families. That's where our VK-450 gas mask filters come in.
While most conventional gas masks and filters can protect you from hundreds of nuclear, biological and chemical threats, the VK-450 is one of just a few filters that can also protect you from carbon monoxide and minimize the risk of smoke inhalation. The VK-450 helps to convert CO into CO2, allowing you to breathe it out. So, instead of also keeping a single-use fire/smoke hood on hand, you can use your existing gas mask for smoke protection in case of a house fire or wildfire.
Of course, these filters still provide full protection from NBC threats, and they sport a truly impressive 13.5-year shelf life. They come individually packaged and are easy to stack, store and manage.
If you've got a gas mask, or if you're thinking about getting one, don't overlook these flexible filters.
Filter Breakthrough Time Measured By Test Substances, Minutes, Minimum:
- Cyclohexane at a Concentration of (3.5 ± 0.4) mg/dm3: 90
- Hydrogen Cyanide at a Concentration of (5.6 ± 0.5) mg/dm3: 50
- Hydrogen Sulfide at a Concentration of (7.1 ± 0.7) mg/dm3: 60
- Chlorine at a Concentration of (15.0 ± 1.5) mg/dm3: 20
- Sulfur Dioxide at a Concentration of (13.3 ± 1.3) mg/dm3: 20
- Ammonia at a Concentration of (0.7 ± 0.1) mg/dm3: 120
- Mercury Vapors at a Concentration of (0.013 ± 0.001) mg/dm3: 100 h
- Nitrogen Monoxide at a Concentration of (3.1 ± 0.3) mg/dm3: 20
- Nitrogen Dioxide at a Concentration of (4.8 ± 0.4) mg/dm3: 20
- Carbon Monoxide at a Concentration of (6.2 ± 0.6) mg/dm3: 20
- Cyanogen Chloride at a Concentration of (5.0 ± 0.5) mg/dm3: 40
- Dimethyl Ether at a Concentration of (0.95 ± 0.1) mg/dm3: 30
- Isobutane at a Concentration of (6.0 ± 0.6) mg/dm3: 25
VK-450 filters should be stored at −50°F to +120°F with maximum humidity not exceeding 98%. VK-450 filters should not be exposed to impact, hazardous gases or vapors.