The Columbia River Knife and Tool Squid is an everyday carry folding knife from designer Lucas Burnley of Bend, Oregon. Based on the concept of a compact pistol, it's small in size and big on ability. Don't let the 2.37" blade fool you; this is a full-on, tactically inspired knife that's ready to take on your largest cutting challenges. By designing it in a drop-point style, Burnley was able to give the blade a good balance of tip strength and point geometry for utility tasks, packing all the functionality of a full-size tactical folder, into an easy to carry, compact design.
Just like any good gun, you want something that'll keep you safe. That's why the Squid is built with the Assisted Opening innovation. Nudge the blade open part way and Assisted Opening activates, snapping it open at super high speed. The IKBS ball bearing pivot system makes for a smooth rotation and a frame lock keeps it solidly in place.
The Assisted Opening is held securely closed in your pocket, but initiate the deployment, and part way through the rotation the blade swings open at impressive speed for simple, powerful, one-handed opening.
Specs & Features:
- Assisted Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast
- Smooth Opening: IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy to Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Maximum Control: On blade friction grooves for grip
- Ultimate Durability: Stainless steel handle withstands hard use
- Low Profile: Pocket clip provides secure carry
- Accessory Options: Lanyard hole for keychain or fob
- Blade Length: 2.37"
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Steel: 8Cr14MoV
- Blade Finish: Bead Blast
- Blade Thickness: 0.11"
- Overall Length: 5.94"
- Closed Length: 3.59"
- Weight: 3.70 oz.
- Handle: 2Cr13 SS
- Style: Assisted Folding Knife w/Frame Lock
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov