The Columbia River Knife and Tool Freya Axe is an ancient high-seas design built for the backwoods. Over a thousand years ago a Norse weaponry designer created the Viking axe. That form has remained recognizable and largely unchanged ever since. The Freya Viking-style utility axe is a powerful everyday axe that touches on ancient design roots and thrives in the outdoors.
Elmer Roush of Brasstown, North Carolina has one foot definitively in the past when it comes to designing axes. Freyja-in Norse mythology-is the goddess of beauty and the Freya utilitarian axe is as widely useful around camp as it is aesthetically beautiful. Similar to Elmer's other notorious Viking axe, the Freyr, the Freya is forged of tough 1055 carbon steel for durability and edge retention. It's met with a handle carved of Tennessee hickory precisely designed for durability and ease of use. But where she stands in a league all her own is in the clean lines of the head, crafted for nearly effortless wood splitting.
Specs & Features:
- Forged Tough: 1055 Carbon steel provides durability and edge retention
- Enhanced Protection: Black coating improves corrosion resistance
- Durable: Tennessee hickory is a dense material that withstands hard use
- Multi-Purpose Utility: Easily split wood or hammer tent stakes
- Blade Length: 3.46"
- Blade Edge: Axe w/Hammer
- Blade Steel: S55C Carbon Steel, 1055 Carbon Steel
- Blade Finish: Manganese Phosphate Coating
- Blade Thickness: 1.25"
- Weight: 1.93 lb
- Handle: Tennessee Hickory
- Style: Axe
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov