The North American Rescue Chitogauze XR PRO 30-0049 is a innovative hemostatic dressing for external, temporary control of severe bleeding wounds. Composed of a polyester/rayon blend non-woven medical gauze that is coated with chitosan. There is a x-ray detectable strip embedded which is Z-folded and packaged in a vacuum sealed pouch that is compact and rugged.
The Chitogauze reduces the risk of re-bleeding by providing hemostasis outside of the normal clotting cascade. ChitoGauze XR PRO also features natural antibacterial properties against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative microorganisms which are beneficial in presence of debris and environment before the injured are treated with antibiotics or are transferred to a medical treatment facility. Designed for the battlefield, ChitoGauze XR PRO is an efficacious and easy-to-apply dressing that maximizes hemostatic performance before severe bleeding turns deadly.
- Z-Fold Vacuum Packed for easy application
- Featuring an embedded x-ray detectable strip
- Readily conforms into the wound surfaces with complex geometries to rapidly staunch bleeding and seal the wound site
- Offers antimicrobial properties against 26 bacterial organisms
- Non-woven, polyester/rayon blend medical gauze is coated with chitosan to maximize its performance and control severe bleeding
- The proven hemostatic properties of chitosan enhance the ability of medical gauze to control hemorrhage
- Size: 3" x 4yard
- Weight: 0.7 oz.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov