The Columbia River Knife and Tool Biwa Brown Black Fixed Blade Knife is a featherweight build for whatever ends up on the camp menu. This lightweight hunting and fishing fixed blade knife is choice when even just the slightest extra weight matters. At only 1.6 ounces, it tucks away as inconspicuously as a few extra dry flies but comes out swinging when a high-alpine trout hits your line.
Designer Alan Folts of Melbourne, Florida created the custom knife that was to become the Biwa after weathering pressure from his minimalist hunting friends to create a do-it-all hunting knife that weighs as little as possible. Named after a species of Japanese trout, the Biwa hits the mark.
The long distal taper on the satin-finished blade is a powerhouse for paring, capping, and more. When met with the checkering on the G10 handle, it's crafted so that you'll know just where the blade is even if the whole knife sinks out of sight. A strong, injection-molded sheath lashes easily to a pack or quickly becomes a neck knife.
Creatures of the wilderness, beware.
Specs & Features:
- Lightweight: This knife weighs only 1.6 ounces
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Strong And Useful: Full tang provides strength
- Strong And Visual: Colored G10 handle combines strength with visual appeal
- Lightweight Utility: Thermoplastic sheath protects the blade when not in use
- Blade Length: 3.02"
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.11"
- Overall Length: 6.63"
- Weight: 1.60 oz
- Handle: G10
- Style: Fixed Blade Knife w/Sheath
- Sheath Material: Polypropylene
- Sheath Weight: 1.10 oz
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov