The North American Rescue HyFin Chest Seal - Twin Pack 10-0037 features two individually packaged seals that are designed to allow the user seal application to both an entry or an exit wound while also giving the option to only apply one and store the other until needed. This provides a 3-vented channels designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels are designed to allow blood to escape and also provide a backup fail-safe system.
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion in extreme environment situations where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory. The packaging has been made more compact, rugged, easy-to-open with a twin foil pouch where each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The twinpack has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area, conforming to the patient's chest. NAR packages each chest seal using its signature Red Tip Technology red tear notches in a rugged, easy-to-open, foil pouch to ensure high quality performance. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC and TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest and is the superior prehospital chest seal.
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Two Chest Seals designed for the treatment of both entry, exit or multiple penetrating injuries
- Advanced adhesive technology designed to provide a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Device Dimension (HxW): 6" x 6"
- Folded Dimension (HxWxD): 7.5" x 4.5" x 0.25"
- Unfolded Dimension (LxWxD): 7.5" x 9" x 0.13"
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov