This knife features a Spear point blade, which has a single sharpened side and made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel and coupled with blackwash coating for a non-reflective, "broken-in" look. The coating protects the blade and acts to hide scuffs and scratches. The handle features glass-filled nylon scales with heavy arrow-patterned texturing to enhance grip. Another feature is the steel liner, also with non-reflective BlackWash that helps to secure the blade open during use.
Even better, the Barstow opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. All the hardware is black with the notable exception of the Barstow's tube spacers, which are anodized in blue for a touch of subtle color and eye-catching interest. For convenient and discreet carry, the deep-carry pocket clip enables the knife to ride low in the pocket and is left/right reversible.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocket clip (left/right, tip-up)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide Black Wash finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3 in. (8 cm)
- Closed length: 4 in. (10.1 cm)
- Open length: 7 in. (18 cm)
- Weight: 3.4 oz. (98 g)
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Liner Lock: Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife's steel liner, the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov