The most effective windlass tourniquet on the market. The tourniquet is comprised of high-strength, lightweight alloy components. Its design allows the tourniquet to slide over a limb or, if the limb is trapped, the tourniquet can be rapidly disconnected and reconnected around the limb without rethreading the strap. With one application method for both the arm and the leg. Is the easiest tourniquet to operate under stress, which can lead to reduced levels of blood loss and ultimately better quality patient care.
The SOF Tourniquet is approved for use by the Department of Defense, approved for use by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care, and the tourniquet of choice for the American Red Cross.
Specs and Information
- 100% Effective. Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing.
- Simple application. The SOFTT is applied the same to an arm or leg. Unlike other medical tourniquets that require you to learn two methods of application and implement the proper method when under stress, the SOFTT is applied the same way to an arm or leg. By accounting for the factors of human performance in combat, we have minimized the risk of failure. Applying a tourniquet should not be a multiple choice exam; It should be simple and straight forward. The SOFTT provides the necessary effectiveness with an unmatched level of simplicity to increase the overall effectiveness of the device.
- Durability. The SOFTT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.Reliable. The SOF Tactical Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. Unlike other materials including Hook & Loop, the fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
- Safety set screw prevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. The screw is not required to gain hemorrhage control, but it is recommended if the patient will be moved in a tactical environment.
- Dual locking rings offer a back up locking system.
- Made in the USA.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov