**United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. LA Police Gear is also unable to ship any Body Armor, Plates, Shields, etc. to the state of Connecticut or outside of the United States. By purchasing body armor from LA Police Gear, you are certifying that you have not been convicted of any crime that would restrict you from being able to purchase or possess body armor under any Federal or State laws. Furthermore, you are acknowledging that you do not intend to use the body armor for any criminal purpose and that you are over the age of 18 years old.
LA Police Gear reserves the right to refuse to sell body armor to any person.**
Due to the nature of our product, all sales are final. No returns are accepted after the order has been placed. Please contact us prior to placing your order to address any concerns or questions.
The AR500 Armor Testudo Plate Carrier - Gen 2 accommodates 10-in x 12-in, or large 11-in X 14-in body armor of any type. Featuring a fully adjustable cummerbund and shoulder straps, this carrier is THE versatile choice for larger body types. Side retention buckles and straps are included and each side is removable for user comfort. The cummerbund doesn't even need to be installed. Able to maintain a lightweight and durable profile due to its genuine 500D Cordura nylon construction. Strategic lower-offset rear shoulder mounts position the rear plate pocket higher, alleviating the traditional low hanging rear plate pocket as seen on carriers that lost sight of proper armor placement. Inner plate retention straps on both pockets further ensure ideal body armor ride height for optimal vital coverage.
3D Mesh Technology increases air-flow and ventilation to cool and increase comfort. This mesh is located on both body facing inner linings, in addition to the removable shoulder pads. Said shoulder pads also feature tri-loop guides and attachment points. Soft loop Velcro lines all webbed sections for added versatility and mounting options. The heavy duty drag handle is strengthened by engaging down the rear portion of the plate carrier. Reinforced Bar-tack, double, and double backed stitching throughout contract durability.
Dual admin pockets increase storage capacity, both featuring Hypalon easy-to-grip pull tabs for reliable access. The upper admin pocket features elastic divider retention straps while the lower is designed to accommodate our improved Kangaroo magazine pouch insert. Impact resistant buckles are manufactured in the USA and add at least four toughness points in critical areas.
The Testudo cummerbund front flap boasts generous Hypalon tabs for easy actuation and adjustment. Fully adjustable for girth and larger frames, the cummerbund has been reinforced with Hypalon eyelet pass-throughs and heavy-duty shock cord, allowing optimal expansion and retention when adjusted. Side plate compatible as sold, the built-in cummerbund side plate pouches accept 6 x 6-in, or 6-in x 8-in side plates of any armor type.
The Testudo front and rear plate pockets are compatible with the Trauma Plate Insert. This insert allows user configurable in conjunction armor systems to be created. The Trauma Plate Insert accommodates 6-in x 6-in, 6-in x 8-in, and 8-in x 10-in body armor, and attaches to a dedicated attachment point in each plate pocket. Trauma Plate Insert
Features and Specs
- Professional grade craftsmanship and components
- All Inclusive, complete, and ready out of the box
- 3D Mesh Inner Lining and Shoulder Pads
- Soft loop Velcro surface on all webbing for versatility
- Upper & Lower Admin Pockets w/ Hypalon tabs and Elastic Dividers
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps & Removable Shoulder Pads
- Impact Resistant made in the USA buckles
- Adjustable and Removable Cummerbund w/ Hypalon Pulls, Eyelets, and Shock Cord
- Adjustable and Removable inner side retention straps, can be worn in conjunction with cummerbund for added retention
- Easily adjusts from Medium to Large body types
- Built in side plate pouches
- Inner plate retention straps for proper armor vital coverage
- Offset rear shoulder strap improve armor placement
- Low Profile Reinforced Drag Handle
- Genuine Cordura 500D Nylon
- Reinforced stitching and bar-tacks through all high stress points and webbing