AR500 Level III Body Armor Plate
The AR500 Level III Body Armor Plate is made of a steel alloy blend, with AR500 patented Advanced Shooters Cut shape, and covered with an exclusive FragLock base coat. This plate can protect against several direct hits while still being less bulky than competing materials. Independently tested in accordance with NIJ 0101.06 threat levels through Oregon Ballistics (OBL), and H.P. White Laboratories meaning this Level III protection is rated to stop 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,780 FPS, and special threat tested to stop 5.56mm M855/SS109 (Green Tip) at a velocity of 2,780 FPS. The Advanced Shooters Cut shape affords you additional room for your rifle stock, improving comfort and shooting ergonomics with an available right and left-handed configurations. This Plate is also compatible with all standard plate carriers that accept SAPI or traditional Shooters Cut body armor, given there is an appropriately sized chest plate pocket.
FragLock Coat guarantees two benefits:
- 20 Year maintenance free shelf life.
- The coating mitigates the dangers of spalling and fragmentation, protecting the wearer from both the direct ballistic impact and the aftermath of the impact
- Weight: 8.5 lbs.
- Thickness: 0.34"
- 20 Year Shelf Life
- Flat and Curved (Base Coat) Form
- Edge-to-Edge multi-hit protection capability
- AR500 Steel Alloy Blend with FragLock Coating Material
- Protection: 7.62 mm FMJ, steel-jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2780 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s).