The Adventure Medical Kits Marine 1000 First Aid Kit is designed for coastal cruising when professional medical care can be reached within a 12-hour time period. This kit contains enough supplies to stabilize and treat nearly any injury until more advance care can be obtained, with enough supplies to treat multiple crew members.
Features Easy Care Organization System & Doctor Designed
- Identify and find what you need quickly in the easily accessible, injury-specific pockets individually packaged with first aid reference cards to treat everything from basic to advanced illnesses and trauma. Designed with the help of USCG captain and marine medicine expert Michael Jacobs, M.D., this kit was developed with mariners in mind.
Marine Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
- Prepare for marine first aid emergencies with this detailed manual, written by medical doctors Weiss and Jacobs and recommended by the US Sailing Association. The guide includes over 100 illustrations and 50 improvised techniques for providing emergency care while at sea, including injury prevention tips, symptom lists, and treatment for submersion injuries, drownings, and hazardous marine life.
Professional Tools & Supplies
- Provide advanced medical care in survival situations with a 36" x 4" flexible C-Splint, elastic bandages in two sizes, scalpel, EMT shears, precision forceps, and more. Deliver hospital-quality care for burns, bleeding, and other wounds using quality emergency supplies like trauma pads, GlacierGel burn dressings, triangular bandages, nitrile gloves, sterile dressings, and waterproof bandages.
CPR & Hypothermia Treatment
- Administer protected mouth-to-mouth to resuscitate drowning or choking victims using the high quality CPR face shield. Open airways with oral airways in six sizes. Wrap patients in the 90% heat reflective emergency blanket to prevent hypothermia or shock.
Maritime Wound Care & Medications
- Clean and close wounds at sea using the wound irrigator and wound closure strips. Manage pain and illnesses with the wide array of medications for treating inflammation, seasickness, pain, dehydration, diarrhea, rope burns, and more.
- Protect the kit's contents in the water resistant case. The padded foam sides guard the supplies from impact, while the texturized rubber bottom resists slipping on wet surfaces during rough sailing.
Supply List Bandage Materials
- 10 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1" x 3"
- 10 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Fingertip
- 10 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
- 2 - Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 3"
- 2 - Bandage, Elastic, Self Adhering, 2"
- 6 - Bandage, Waterproof Assorted, 30 pc.
- 5 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2
- 5 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 3" x 3", Pkg./2
- 10 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4" x 4", Pkg./2
- 16 - Dressing, Gauze, Non-Sterile, 4" x 4"
- 4 - Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3" x 4"
- 1 - Dressing, Transparent, 2 3/8" x 2 3/4"
- 1 - Dressing, Transparent, 4" x 4 3/4"
- 1 - Eye Pad, Sterile
- 7 - Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
- 2 - Instructions, Marine Easy Care Bleeding
- 1 - Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"
- 1 - Trauma Pad, 8" x 10"
Blister / Burn
- 1 - Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocaine, 1 oz
- 1 - GlacierGel (Large Oval)
- 1 - GlacierGel (Small Rectangular)
- 1 - Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (14 pieces)
- 1 - CPR Face Shield
- 1 - Instructions, Easy Care CPR
Fracture / Sprain
- 1 - Bandage, Elastic with Hook & Loop, 4"
- 2 - Bandage, Triangular
- 1 - Cold Pack
- 1 - Instructions, Marine Easy Care Fracture & Sprain
- 1 - C-Splint, 4" x 36"
- 1 - SAM® Splint, Finger
- 1 - Airway, Oral, (Set of 6 sizes)
- 1 - EMT Shears, 4"
- 1 - Pencil
- 4 - Safety Pins
- 1 - Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 3 - Thermometer, Disposable
- 2 - Tongue Depressor, Wooden
- 1 - Comp. Guide to Marine Medicine
- 1 - Patient Assessment Form
- 8 - Acetaminophen (500 mg), Pkg./2
- 1 - After Bite Wipe
- 2 - After Sting
- 3 - Antacid, Pkg./2
- 8 - Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
- 4 - Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2
- 8 - Cold Medicine, Medicidin-D, Pkg./2
- 4 - Cortisone Cream 1%, 1/32 oz (.9 g)
- 8 - Diamode (Loperamide HCI 2 mg), Pkg./1
- 8 - Diotame (Bismuth Subsalicylate), Pkg./2
- 2 - Eye Wash, 2/3 oz, (20 ml)
- 8 - Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2
- 1 - Instructions, Marine Easy Care Medication
- 1 - Laxative, Metamucil Psyllium Fiber, 12.2 g
- 8 - Meclizine (HCI 25 mg), Pkg./2
- 1 - Nasal Decongestant Spray, 1/2 fl oz
- 2 - Oral Rehydration Salts
- 2 - Pepcid
Suture / Syringe
- 1 - Scalpel with Handle, Sterile, Disposable, #11 Blade
- 12 - Antiseptic Wipe
- 10 - Alcohol Swab
- 2 - Cotton Tip Applicator, Pkg./2
- 2 - Instructions, Marine Easy Care Wound
- 1 - Povidone Iodine, 3/4 oz
- 1 - Syringe, Irrigation, 20 cc, 18 Gauge Tip
- 1 - Tape, 1" x 10 Yards
- 3 - Tincture of Benzoin Topical Adhesive, Vial
- 6 - Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use
- 1 - Wound Closure Strips, 1/4" x 4", Pkg./10
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov