While most family kits are designed to be kid-friendly, it is important not to forget the people who will be caring for their little ones in the outdoors, from picnics at the park to hikes in the wilderness. The centerpiece of the Adventure First Aid Family Kit is the fully-updated new edition of Caring for Children in the Outdoors, a comprehensive guide to first-aid for children, covering topics such as how to treat sprains, fractures, and dislocations, plus handy guides on how to administer medications and how to dress more serious wounds. A wide range of first aid supplies provides peace of mind for the whole family, and as an added bonus, the kit includes a handy kit-within-a-kit that can be pulled out and stashed in a pocket, stroller, or diaper bag.
Care for Children in the Outdoors
- Critical information on wound care, stabilizing sprains and fractures, and medications for children.
Supplies for the Whole Family
- Deep stock of high-use items means there are enough supplies for large groups.
Manage Fractures and Sprains
- Wide elastic bandage plus instant cold pack.
Manage Pain and Illnesses
- A wide array of medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
Weather the Elements
- Coated nylon outer bag with waterproof plastic inner bags.
- Size: 6" x 8.5" x 3"
- Weight: 1 lb 1 oz.
- Group Size: 1 - 3 People
- Trip Duration: 1 - 4 Days
- Hiking / Backpacking
- Urban / Family / Camping
Supply List Bandage Materials
- 16 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1" x 3"
- 1 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 2" x 4.5"
- 4 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
- 4 - Bandage, Butterfly Closure
- 2 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2
- 2 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 3" x 3", Pkg./2
- 2 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4" x 4", Pkg./2
- 2 - Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 2" x 3"
- 1 - Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
- 1 - Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"
Blister / Burn
Fracture / Sprain
- 1 - Bandage, Elastic with Clips, 2"
- 1 - Cold Pack
- 2 - Safety Pins
- 1 - Scissors, Bandage with Blunt Tip
- 1 - Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 2 - Thermometer, Disposable
- 3 - Acetaminophen (500 mg), Pkg./2
- 2 - After Bite Wipe
- 3 - Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
- 3 - Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2
- 1 - Compass, Button, Liquid Filled
- 1 - Mini Rescue Howler Whistle
- 12 - Antiseptic Wipe
- 4 - Cotton Tip Applicator, Pkg./2
- 1 - Tape, 1/2" x 10 Yards
- 4 - Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use
- 1 - After Bite Kids, Tube
- 1 - Natrapel 8 Hour Tick and Insect Repellent, wipes
We reserve the right to add, substitute, or delete items if necessary Please note: Some medications may not be available in products sold outside of the US, additional items may be substituted.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov