Surefire Optimized Bolt Carrier Group is designed to improve the functionality of an M4/M16/AR variant weapon system during both unsuppressed and suppressed firing. This patented design makes numerous improvements to the standard Mil-Spec full-auto bolt carrier group which allows more time for reliable feeding of ammunition from the magazine, nearly eliminating bolt-over-base malfunctions. The OBC also delays unlocking of the bolt during the firing sequence, which allows expanding gases more time to exit the bore, in turn reducing back-pressure gases exiting the upper receiver group. Additionally, the neutrally balanced counterweight improves carrier and barrel extension lock-up, nearly eliminating bolt bounce. The OBC also reduces felt recoil, allowing for better tracking of sights and more control of the weapon when firing. Coated with an advanced anti-friction coating, the OBC resists friction during use and makes cleaning easy. For the ultimate in reliability, choose the SureFire OBC.
- Caliber: 5.56mm
- Construction: Steel Alloy
- Coating: DLC and S-Line Anti-Friction Coatings
- Weight: 13.6 oz.
- Designed by firearms industry legend and M16 designer Jim Sullivan
- Long-stroke design delivers 60% more travel beyond the magazine, increasing magazine feed time and reducing the chance of bolt-over-base malfunctions
- Dual-spring dwell weight significantly delays bolt carrier direction-change for increased reliability
- Improved cam path delays bolt unlocking for a 15% decrease in chamber pressure before unlocking
- Self-lubricating, Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) and S-Line coatings reduce friction for consistent, dependable operation in the most adverse conditions
- Mil-Spec bolt proof-tested and magnetic particle-inspected to meet the highest standards