Oakley SI M Frame 2.0 Industrial - Matte Black Frame & Grey Lens
Oakley Industrial M-Frame 2.0 Sunglasses with Grey Lenses answer the demands of those needing ANSI certified impact resistant safety glasses. It's no secret that Oakley protection technologies have been embraced by soldiers, SWAT team members and others who take their view of the world seriously. From heavy industry to home repair, workers wanted that same level of protection, so we created the Industrial M Frame 2.0 Glasses. Tested and qualified as true safety glasses, this lens/frame combination meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for clarity and impact resistance, as well as the protection criteria of Canada's CSA Z94.3-02 standards.
For the high-mass impact test of ANSI Z87.1, a 5" metal spike weighing in at 17.6 ounces is dropped on the lens from a height of more than four feet. To pass the test, absolutely no frame parts or lens fragments that could contact the eye may be ejected during impact. For high-velocity impact testing, a quarter-inch steel shot is blasted from a pneumatic cannon to hit the lens at 102 mph. Lenses are shot from various angles. To pass the test, no contact between the lens and eye is permitted, and absolutely no frame parts or lens fragments that could contact the eye may be ejected during impact.
This level of protection is made possible by proprietary geometries and materials. Oakley's patented technologies maintain optical clarity with lens contours that enhance side protection from sun, wind and impact. Stress-resistant O Matter frame material is engineered with a critical degree of flexibility to absorb impact. Plutonite lens material is impact resistant and offers added protection by filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. The UV protection is built into the lens material, it is not a surface coating that can wear away, so even our Clear lens offers the full level of UV filtering.
Safety isn't limited to impact protection and UV filtering. Sometimes, the most important thing in avoiding hazards is spotting them in the first place, so this eyewear utilizes High Definition Optics (HDO). HDO is a collection of patented technologies that allow the Industrial M Frame 2.0 to surpass ANSI Z87.1 optical standards including tests for Clarity (by maintaining visual sharpness at greater viewing distances), Refractive Power (by minimizing the affects of a common optical aberration that causes inferior lenses to magnify images like prescription lenses), and Prismatic Power (by minimizing the affects of a common optical aberration that causes inferior lenses to bend light, a weakness that makes objects appear shifted from their true position).
All these benefits come in a lightweight design that offers all-day comfort. Oakley's Three-Point Fit holds the lens in precise optical alignment while Unobtainium frame components increase grip with perspiration.
- Lens Mark: Z87+
- Temple Mark: UL AN/NZS 1337
- Z87+ Molded into the Frame
- Impact and chemical resistant O-Matter frame
- System features quick, tool-free lens change
- Ultra lightweight design (1.05-ounce total weight)
- Full compatibility with helmet-mounted night vision devices
- Full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVD, PASGT, and Crye Helmets
- Lenses feature a permanent anti-fog coating on the back surface
- Lenses feature Oakley's HDO Optics with Polaric Ellipsoid Technology
- Secure fit even under wet conditions via Hydrophilic Unobtainium nose pad
- Meets or exceeds high mass and high velocity impact requirements per ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010
- Meets or exceeds ballistic fragmentation impact standards per MIL PRF-31013, Clause 126.96.36.199.
- Thin stem technology enable compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all of UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400 nm wavelength
- Grey lens features 15% visible light transmittance suitable for bright light, meets MCEPS neutrality and chromaticity requirement