The LA Police Gear Electronic Operator Earmuff amplifies surrounding sounds such as voices, machines, and warning signals to safe levels yet it provides good hearing protection. Loud impulse sounds are effectively blocked out and limited to safe levels. This earmuff is provided with electronic audio jack input for connection with MP3 players, cell phones and radio scanners.
|Mean Attenuation (dB)
|Standard Deviation (dB)
- Extend the headband before use
- Place the earcups over the outer ear, ON/OFF wheel on the right side
- Adjust the headband by moving it up and down in the side headbands. The ear cushions should seal firmly against the head
For best results, remove all hair under the cushion. Noise reduction will be adversely affected by anything that impairs the seal of the earmuff cushions against the head, such as thick spectacle frames, hats, etc.
Open the battery lid by pushing the battery lid, then slide upward with your thumbs. Remove the old batteries.Insert two new 1.5v AAA alkaline batteries into battery compartment. Ensure the battery lid is closed completely. Warning-performance may deteriorate with battery usage. Change the batteries whenever the sound reproduction is weakened or impaired. New alkaline batteries provide approximately 350 hours for operation.
- Auto shut-off function: 4 hours. (After automatic shut-off, wait 5 seconds. Turn earmuff on again to another 4 hours of working time.)
- Noise Reduction Rating: 22dB
- AUX input allows connection to external MP3 players or other audio devices for additional listening off the field
Caution: For the noise environments dominated by frequencies below 500 Hz, the C-weightedenvironmental noise level should be used. Hearing protector must be worn at all times in noisy surroundings for proper protection.
Although hearing protectors can be recommended for protection against the harmful effects of impulsive noise, the noise reduction rating (NRR) is based on the attenuation of continuous noise and may not be no accurate indicator of the protection attainable against impulsive noise such as gunfire.
Constant or repetitive exposure to impulsive noise may lead to serious injury. Earmuff must be properly fitted to attenuate noise effectively. Refer to instructions.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov