The GG&G MAD (Multiple Aperture Device) BUIS (Back Up Iron Sight) is originally developed to fulfill a request from Naval Surface Warfare for a battle-ready, low profile back up iron sight system that provided both a large and small aperture on the same plane, as well as providing a co-witness capability with the majority of red dot optics.
- The GG&G MAD BUIS is easily installed
- MAD BUIS is compatible with Armalite AR-10 and DPMS LR series rifles
- Body is CNC machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- All steel components are black manganese phosphated per Mil-Spec
- All hard edges have been deburred and softened for the shooter's safety
- All apertures are on the same plane and thus zero to the same point of impact
- Aperture disc is knurled for easier manipulation in combat environments
- Solid squeeze rail attachment mechanism with counter sunk crossbolt to eliminate snags
- All aluminum parts are Type III hard coat anodized in a non-reflective black Mil-Spec finish to provide for combat durability
- MAD has four apertures; two of each size, so rotating the aperture disc in either direction will bring the next size into view
- MAD overhangs the rear of the receiver by 0.200" providing a lip allowing the sight to be easily deployed even with a gloved hand
- In the deployed position, the sight cannot be folded down without depressing the spring-assisted detent release button located on the left side of the sight base, eliminating the possibility of accidentally lowering the sight
- Tactile windage knob is used, with one click of the windage knob providing approximately 0.48 MOA change when mounted on the M16A2E4 rifle and about 0.65 MOA when mounted on the M4 carbine
- Include adding Trijicon Tritium green night sight inserts that are factory installed
- Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum Alloy
- Finish: Manganese Phosphated Non-Reflective Black
- Diameter (Small Aperture): 0.069"
- Diameter (Large Aperture): 0.199"
- Weight: 2 oz.