Pride of service comes in many forms. For us, it's our dedication to creating a better product: to make it'stronger, to make it lighter, to make it last. As we developed the Striker Torrent, we challenged ourselves to find the perfect balance between comfort and support, while ensuring that the new Striker would outlast its predecessor.
With the design of the all the TFX Platform, we found the perfect balance between stability and lightweight performance. We widened the platform in the medial toe and lateral heel zones, where you need stability the most, and stripped out heavy-weight stitching in the opposite zones, creating the lightest-weight TFX platform Yet.
Comfort is essential for those who wear boots all day, every day. We utilized a soft yet durable EVA midsole and streamlined the overall platform, creating better underfoot cushioning that's also lighter weight. We then added a speed lacing system, making it easy to quickly tighten and adjust for a closer more uniform fit.
Since the release of the original Striker years ago, we've learned and heard a lot from the customers who wear them. This led us to work with Vibram to develop a parent-pending outsole, featuring an extremely durable rubber compound that's both oil and slip resistant, and multi-directional lugs for quick pivotal movement in any direction.
- Full-Grain Polishable Leather & 1000 Deiner Nylon Upper: To reduce the weight of the boot, we combine our smooth, full-grain leather with incredibly strong 1000 Denier nylon. This durable upper is completely polishable.
- Gore-Tex (GTX): 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Side Zip: Get in and out of your boots faster with this semi-locking side zipper. It locks itself closed when its zipped up, yet easily releases when you pull the zipper down
- EVA Midsole: Known for its lightweight properties, EVA is a special polymer that provides excellent cushioning.
- Vibram Striker Torrent Outsole: 360 degree pentagonal low lug pattern grips in all directions, a flex notch design adds flexibility in key pivot areas and a more rugged outer lug pattern sheds water and provides maximum surface contact.
- Extended Sizes: To accommodate more people, we've made this boot in extended sizes. We recommend women select 1.5 to 2 full sizes down for correct fit.
- Danner TFX-8 Platform: Our lightest weight and most versatile TFX construction featuring a cross-stitch design for added durability and stability in the lateral toe and media heel pivot zones.
- How It Fits: The 851 last is an update to our popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.
- Style: 43013
- Weight: 54 oz per pair
- Height: 8"
- Insulation: Non-Insulated
- Color: Black
- Footbed: Cushioning Polyurethane
- Shank: Nylon
- Last Type: 851
- Waterproof: Yes
- Liner: GORE-TEX
- Outsole: Vibram Striker Torrent
- Recraftable: No
- Toe Protection: Plain Toe
**Please try on your boots or shoes indoors and with the sock you intend to wear before going outside. Once the tags are removed and there is any sign of wear on the shoes/boots they will not be accepted for a return. Fit is not considered a warranty defect by LA Police Gear or its vendors.
Danner Striker Torrent GTX 8" Side Zip Uniform Boot
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov