By incorporating top-of-the-line materials like GORE-TEX and Vibram with a weight-saving platform, we made our tough, versatile work boot feel like the kind of boot you want to put on at the end of a long day. This new last is designed to cup your heel for a secure fit while offering a little more room in the toe box to accommodate feet that are carrying heavy loads. It also comes with a dual-density EVA midsole for extra shock absorption and comfort. The oil- and slip-resistant outsole has a low profile 90-degree heel making it versatile enough for indoor and outdoor work. For really tough jobs it has an abrasion-resistant heel cap, an all-leather upper, a non-metallic safety toe and a waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX liner.
To truly create something new, one must start from the ground up. In footwear, that begins with the development of a footwear last, a solid form that literally shapes the fit and performance of the boot. When we designed the last for the Vicious, we took in part the ergonomic structure of the foot, focusing our attention on allowing the toes to naturally splay, and narrowing the heel to lock the foot in place. We then designed the composite safety toe specifically around the last, maintaing the integrity of its fit.
The Trailguard platform is a unique construction that saves weight and provides torsional strength by integrating an extremely durable TPU shank into the midsole, while the EVA midsole provides cushioning properties. By molding the midsole directly to the outsole and removing a seam, we eliminated weight and added strength. An extremely comfortable and supportive work boot, the Vicious challenges the traditional ideals of how a work boot should perform.
While the Vicious may not be a traditional work boot, the standards we adhere to are a long standing tradition to the Danner name. We extensively test each hide and only accept the highest grade of leather. We line the boot upper with waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX, and use the strongest, most rugged Vibram outsoles. We have been upholding these standards since the very beginning and will for years to come. The Vicious is no exception.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper: To ensure its quality, we put our leather through nine different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX): 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Speed Lace System: Our special hardware allows you to tighten from toe to top with one swift tug for a secure, tight fit.
- 400G Thinsulate Ultra Insulation: High-performance insulation that keeps you warmer in weather down to around 35 degrees.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection: Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Non-Metallic Toe (NMT): Our non-metallic toe does not transmit heat or cold. Nor will it'set off metal detectors. As expected, it meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- 90 heel: Added safety for boots used on steep terrain, climbing in and out of equipment, and use with certain tools.
- Vibram Vicious Outsole: Oil- and slip-resistant with a low-profile 90° heel.
- Danner Trailguar: Lightweight, seamless support with a roomier fit in the toe box and snug fit in the heel.
- How It Fits: The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toe box allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
- Style: 13874
- Weight: 66 oz per pair
- Height: 8"
- Insulation: 400G Thinsulate Ultra
- Color: Brown
- Traction: Oil & Slip Resistant
- Footbed: PU
- Shank: Nylon
- Protection: EH Certified
- Last Type: DLE-01
- Waterproof: Yes
- Liner: GORE-TEX
- Outsole: Vibram Vicious
- Manufacturing: Imported
- Certification: ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH
- Toe Protection: Non-Metallic Toe
**Please try on your boots or shoes indoors
and with the sock you intend to wear before going outside. Once the tags are removed and there is any sign of wear on the shoes/boots they will not be accepted for a return. Fit is not considered a warranty defect by LA Police Gear or its vendors.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov