Zero break-in time, no hot spots, and plenty of room in the toes - these are just a few of the things you'll notice after a day spent in our Crafter work boots. Spend some more time in them and you'll appreciate the durability of the triple-stitched, oiled nubuck leather and the waterproof protection of the Danner Dry liner; but it's the extra-plush DCS footbed that you'll appreciate long after you've called it a day.
The word Danner is stamped into the side of these boots. That alone tells you they were designed to wit'stand their share of punishment. But there's more to it than a name. We build the Crafter with durable nubuck leather and triple stitching at critical stress points, ensuring that they'll hold together when other boots would fail.
The employee handbook calls for safety toes. That's fine. But it doesn't stipulate sore, cramped feet. The Crafter utilizes a premium non-metal safety toe, complete with a generous toe box the kind that's more comfortable without sacrificing on safety. Our non-metallic toe adds to the Crafter's overall comfort while meeting or exceeding ASTM F2413-11 M 1/75 C/75 standards.
Under the Crafter's rugged exterior lies a surprisingly comfortable footbed. Where most boots at this price utilize thin insoles over stiff outsoles, the Crafter is built with the patent pending Danner Comfort System. The DCS footbed uses a deep, full-length polyurethane core for all-day comfort. The Crafter also features a wide toe box and specialized heel clip for the ideal balance of comfort and support.
Oiled nubuck leather is extremely durable. it's also naturally waterproof. That's why premium work boots have been using it for years. To build the Crafter, we pair thick nubuck with Danner Dry lining. The result is a waterproof boot that also wicks sweat away from your feet.
- Nubuck Oiled Leather Upper: We take our top-grain, velvet-like nubuck and oil it to improve its water resistance. This leather upper is extremely durable , while offering a shorter and more comfortable break-in period.
- Danner Dry: 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection: Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Non-Metallic Toe (NMT): Our non-metallic toe does not transmit heat or cold. Nor will it'set off metal detectors. As expected, it meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- Plush Dual Density Footbed with Airthotic Heel Clip: This patent-pending, plush, dual-density footbed provides superior cushioning, underfoot venting for maximum airflow and Airthotic heel clip for support.
- Patent-pending plush dual-density footbed: This patent-pending, plush, dual-density footbed provides superior cushioning with underfoot venting for maximum airflow.
- 90 heel: Added safety for boots used on steep terrain, climbing in and out of equipment, and use with certain tools.
- Danner Comfort System: Combining the benefits of a lightweight cup sole with a patent-pending, dual density footbed, this construction method focuses on everyday comfort.
- How It Fits: Designed for optimal comfort, the DCP last was built around our patent-pending, ultra-plush footbed. It runs true-to-size with a broader toe box for a more athletic and responsive fit.
- Style: 12439
- Weight: 59 oz per pair
- Height: 8"
- Insulation: Non-Insulated
- Color: Brown
- Traction: Oil & Slip Resistant
- Footbed: Patent-pending plush dual-density footbed
- Shank: Nylon
- Protection: EH Certified
- Last Type: DCP
- Waterproof: Yes
- Liner: Danner Dry
- Outsole: Danner Crafter
- Certification: ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH
- Toe Protection: Non-Metallic Toe
**Please try on your boots or shoes indoors and with the sock you intend to wear before going outside. Once the tags are removed and there is any sign of wear on the shoes/boots they will not be accepted for a return. Fit is not considered a warranty defect by LA Police Gear or its vendors.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov