**United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. LA Police Gear is also unable to ship any Body Armor, Plates, Shields, etc. to the state of Connecticut or outside of the United States. By purchasing body armor from LA Police Gear, you are certifying that you have not been convicted of any crime that would restrict you from being able to purchase or possess body armor under any Federal or State laws. Furthermore, you are acknowledging that you do not intend to use the body armor for any criminal purpose and that you are over the age of 18 years old.
LA Police Gear reserves the right to refuse to sell body armor to any person.**
Due to the nature of our product, all sales are final. No returns are accepted after the order has been placed. Please contact us prior to placing your order to address any concerns or questions. Production Lead Time: 11 Weeks
AR500 Armor Level III Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with our PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating. Our ballistic steel plate is unmatched in the industry and is formulated and treated specifically to our specifications for improved consistency, durability, and then tested to NIJ standards. Our ballistic plate core is stress fracture resistant, features an ultra-low profile of only .25", and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and less than ideal storage conditions. AR500 Armor body armor will outlast alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic, Dyneema, UHMWPE, and raw/uncoated steel trauma plates.
Level III Rating:
AR500 Armor body armor is Stand-Alone and Multi-hit capable. Designed to defeat rifle threats up to 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at velocities up to 2,780 feet per second and all pistol calibers. AR500 Armor 6" x 8" side armor plates provide light weight and ultra slim rifle threat protection to the sides of your plate carrier. The enormous benefit of their thin .25" profile shines when you're physically wearing the side plates, particularly on an inside the cummerbund side plate pouch. Our 6" x 8" side plates are thinner than Ceramic and other comparable side plates, and are on par with the profile of soft inserts but with increased rifle threat protection. Improve ergonomics and comfort by having less interference from your side plates with our AR500 Armor 6: x 8: side plates.
- 6" x 8" Side Plate Body Armor fits in side plate pouches capable of accepting 6" x 6", 6" x 8", and 8" x 8" side armor plates
- Ultra-Slim .25" and light weight profile
- Improvement ergonomics and less interference
- Compatible with inside, and outside of the cummerbund side plate pouches
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III Rifle threat rated for calibers up to 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) at 2,780fps
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Maintenance Free
- .25" Ultra Low Profile
- Weight 2.5lb's
- 100% Made in the USA
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov