**United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. LA Police Gear is also unable to ship any Body Armor, Plates, Shields, etc. to the state of Connecticut or outside of the United States. By purchasing body armor from LA Police Gear, you are certifying that you have not been convicted of any crime that would restrict you from being able to purchase or possess body armor under any Federal or State laws. Furthermore, you are acknowledging that you do not intend to use the body armor for any criminal purpose and that you are over the age of 18 years old.
LA Police Gear's policy is to only sell body armor to active lawenforcement, military, or security professionals. Valid identification will need to be provided by the customer after placing an order, or the order will be canceled. LA Police Gear also does reserve the right to refuse to sell body armor to any person.**
Due to the nature of our product, all sales are final. No returns are accepted after the order has been placed. Please contact us prior to placing your order to address any concerns or questions.
The AR500 Level III+ Side Plate is rugged, reliable, and engineered for enhanced performance and improved ergonomics; AR500 Armor Side Body Armor, made from the same materials as the Level III+ body armor panels,improves on the tried and true level III plates with our new Level III+ body armor!AR500 Armor 6" x 8" Side Body Armor is capable of defeating higher level rifle threats as it offers enhanced ballistic protection against 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 up to 3,100 feet per second, and 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308) rifle threats up to 3,000 feet per second, and 7.62x51 AP (Black Tip) up to 2,800 feet per second! We accomplish this without sacrificing the weight or profile of our body armor! Weighing in at 3lb per 6" x 8" model while maintaining our same ultra-thin profile ballistic core of only .26". We utilize an improved ultra-high hard ballistic steel core, treated to AR500 Armor specifications to maintain all benefits that our ballistic steel body armor is known for; multi-hit capability, shelf life, and stress fracture resistance!
The AR500 Level III+ Side Plate is Coated with PAXCON spall and fragmentation protective coating. The ballistic steel plate is industry leading and is formulated and treated to precise specifications for improved consistency, durability, and then tested to NIJ standards. The ballistic plate core is built for stress fracture resistance, features an ultra-low profile ballistic core of only .26", and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and extreme. AR500 Armor body armor will outlast alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic, Dyneema, UHMWPE, and raw/uncoated steel trauma plates.
Our new generation II design on all our body armor improves ergonomics and comfort. Every curve and cut has a purpose; to improve comfort, maximize protection of your vitals, and minimize weight. Our gen II profile does not sacrifice stability in plate carriers and allows for increase mobility during bending, kneeling/squatting, and prone positions. AR500 Armor is leading the industry in comfortable, affordable, and reliable body armor. Designed to fit any side plate pouch, our 6" x 8" side platebody armor rides with the 8" side on the vertical plane. Side armor offers increased protection on your side, and are typically attached to your cummerbund. In addition, our side plate body armor will many "trauma plate" pockets found on traditionalBALCS & SPEER cut body armor offering increased protection of your heart.
- AR500 Armor - 6" x 8" Side body armor, made from the same materials as our larger Level III+ plates, is Stand-Alone and Multi-Hit capable. Designed to defeat rifle threats up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 up to 3,100 feet per second, and 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308) rifle threats up to 3,000 feet per second, and 7.62x51 AP (Black Tip) up to 2,800 feet per second.
- AR500 Armor Ultra High Hard Ballistic Steel core and PAXCON spall & fragmentation mitigation coating
Size & Cut:
- 6" x 8" or 6"x 6" Side Plate Body Armor, Generation II
- 3.5lb (+/- 5% due to PAXCON coating)
- New Generation II ergonomic improvements
- 6: x 6" or 6"x 8"side body armor will fit most industry standard side plate pouches
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and stand-alone
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective oating
- Works well with our 6"x8" Trauma Pads
- Fully sealed design protects from liquids, chemicals, and harsh elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Maintenance Free
- .26 Ultra low profile ballistic core
- 100% Made in the USA