**United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. LA Police Gear is also unable to ship any Body Armor, Plates, Shields, etc. to the state of Connecticut or outside of the United States. By purchasing body armor from LA Police Gear, you are certifying that you have not been convicted of any crime that would restrict you from being able to purchase or possess body armor under any Federal or State laws. Furthermore, you are acknowledging that you do not intend to use the body armor for any criminal purpose and that you are over the age of 18 years old.
LA Police Gear reserves the right to refuse to sell body armor to any person.**
Due to the nature of our product, all sales are final. No returns are accepted after the order has been placed. Please contact us prior to placing your order to address any concerns or questions.
The AR500 Lightweight Level III+ ASC Plate - 11 x 14 is the next stage in the evolution of steel body armor; Similar to the standard level III+ ballistic core, The formula has been re-engineered yielding a 30% increase in strength, making it thinner and lighter. The result is an evolved form of steel body armor, and an industry first ballistic steel core chest plate weighing in at just over 6.5lb, in our extra lage 11" x 14" Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC).
Not only is the Lightweight Level III+ body armor the lightest steel body armor on the market, it's also the thinnest measuring in with a core thickness of only .21". The ultra-thin profile offers enhanced comfort when shouldering a rifle and reduces overall bulk of your gear. The Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC) protects your vitals with strategic material reduction in locations to mitigate bulk, reduce weight, and improve ergonomics and function. Our ALSC is slightly undersized on the horizontal axis to ensure compatibility with all plate carriers. Rugged and reliable, our Lightweight level III+ body armor retains many of the benefits AR500 Armor Body Armor is known for. Including stress fracture resistance, multi-hit performance, and the longest shelf life in the industry. Multi-Hit capabilities are reduced in comparison to our Level III, and standard Level III+ body armor, in addition to a slight increase in back face deformation on impact due to the thinner profile of our lightweight ballistic core. Although performance still exceeds alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic/Composite, Dyneema, and UHMWPE body armor by a significant margin at a fraction of the cost!
AR500 Armor level III+ lightweight body armor is capable of defeating 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109, 7.62x39 (AK), and 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 Winchester) rounds. Independent and in-house testing has shown our armor well exceeds standard level III threats; our philosophy has always been to over deliver! Coated with industry leading PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating.
Threat Rating: Level III+/Special Threat Tested AR500 Armor body armor is Stand-Alone and Multi-Hit capable. Designed to defeat the most common rifle threats in existence. 5.56x45 M193 and 5.56x45 M855 SS109 at a velocity of up to 3,000 feet per second, and 7.62x39, 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at velocities up to 2,850 feet per second. (Not rated for AP rounds) Construction: AR500 Armor Ultra High Hard Ballistic Steel core and PAXCON spall & fragmentation mitigation coating
- Size & Cut: 11" x 14" Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC)
- Weight: 6.5lb base coat ( +/- 5% due to PAXCON coating)
- Thickness: .21" (Ballistic Core)
- Lightweight weight level III+ steel body armor in the industry
- Weighs just over 6.5lb!
- New Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC)
- 11" x 14" body armor will fit in Plate Carriers capable of accepting up to Medium and Large SAPI plates
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III+ Rifle threat rated for calibers up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855 SS109, 7.62x39 (AK), and 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester)
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Maintenance Free
- .21" Ultra-Thin Profile ballistic core
- 100% Made in the USA
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov